Wednesday 12 January 2011

The Snow House


Hello everyone...hope you're all enjoying the New Year!
It's still a little dreary here...I don't think the sun has shone for months...apart from when it bounced off the snow!
Still...the fire is blazing and the sooty smell is filling the house ;o)
Ah...the joys of the countryside in winter.
I thought you might like to see my poor greenhouse...just before New Year...

I know it's not the best time to be thinking about planting this year's veggies and herbs...
But at least I can get the doors open now and chop off all of the poor frost-bitten growth :o(

One good thing to come out of the enforced 'indoor activities' is that I have had less in the way of distractions to keep me from painting...although it doesn't take much to distract me...
But making a fire and keeping it alight all day means the tiny sculpting has been put on hold until the sun comes back to us...polymer clay and soot are not a good mix!

Charcoal on the other hand...no problem ;o)
I could make my own!

I'll try to post some pics soon...sooty fingerprints included...
Happy New Year folks!


2 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I haven't heard from you in so long, I'm in a bit of a shock state here. I hope you got my thank you note. I was bowled over by your generosity and love. You are amazing but don't go spreading that around eh???? Snow, snow and more snow.....come spring you will be having lovely flowers. Yay for you. Much love, The Olde Bagg, Linda

Oberon's Wood said...

Yep...I got all four of your thank you's :o)
Why would I want to go spreading it around...folks might get the wrong idea! he he he
And I can't have my lovely in a shock state...you stay right where you are in NM!
Oh...you can tell I'm back can't you?! :o)