Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Holly Faery



During the bleak mid-winter...I was walking through Oberon's Wood...when something caught my eye beneath a big bush...on closer inspection I was lucky enough to see Holly.

My little friend was calmly sitting on her toadstool counting her winter holly berries...even though the weather was freezing and the gentle snow flakes were falling.

Of course I was a little concerned for her health...but Holly assured me, that...being a child of the winter...she never felt the cold...and this is why she was outside enjoying the soft snow falling through the branches of her home within the Wood.

I told her that I could easily make her a little cloak to wear...but she wouldn't hear of it...saying that too many layers of clothing made it difficult to fly.

I suppose that she's right...

But I do still worry about the little Faeries of Oberon's Wood...it has been a very cold winter this time around...and I haven't seen a few of them for a while.

Of course...I have been leaving little cakes out for them...but still...some of the older ones are a little frail...

Maybe when the weather warms up a little...they will come out to play...and I will again enjoy their company...

I do hope so...

8 comments:

Iva Wilcox of Iva's Creations said...

She is so sweet! I'd love to walk through the enchanted Oberon's Wood. Love your work!
~ Iva

Linda in New Mexico said...

Holly is wonderful. Whimsy is in yer blood my lovely, but beauty be in yer soul.

magikalseasons said...

She is just enchanting! :)

ToM KiDDo said...

amazing painting, and that story is sweet :D

Mother's Moon's Message said...

Love her... She like all the others is adorable.... It appears you have been busy with yourself.....

Designs By CK said...

Popping in to say hello. :-)

Lovely art and blog!

PS: Velcome to EHAG!

SpOOky CK (-:

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

She is stunning! Awesome Piece!

Hugs,
Candy

Debbie said...

I'm sure the little Fae will soon be out and about. They are all indoors keeping warm..x