Saturday, 17 October 2009

Little Witch...Friends Forever




This "Little Witch" reminds me of my middle sister...she has such a sweet little face...just sitting in the meadow enjoying herself with her best friend crow.
(My sister didn't actually have a crow for a friend!)
I think she's a little child of nature...I don't know if others will see her this way...but to me she symbolizes the natural instinct which children have, to be in tune with their surroundings...and to find pleasure in simple things.

I would have loved to have had a crow for a friend...

6 comments:

Mother's Moon's Message said...

I am curious... do you ever paint and sell originals or only prints?

Oberon's Wood said...

Mother Moon...
I do both Janie...but to be perfectly honest, with the economy the way it is, I'm lucky if I can sell prints, let alone a painting.

As the paintings are one-offs...they are a lot more expensive and I think this puts many people off.
My miniature sculpts suffer with the same problem.

Lucky for me I have a "bread winner" to support us...so I'm not a "starving artist"...otherwise my children would be very thin indeed!

Thanks for asking...do you paint...I know about your lovely photographs...do you dabble with the brushes too?

mrsb said...

Adorable!

Renee said...

I like her and I love your boy.

Renee xoxo

Mother's Moon's Message said...

visited your pagan artist network... yet I have to wait approval before I can see more... looking forward to it

Oberon's Wood said...

Janie...
I have approved your membership...there are just us two so far!
Can't wait to see what photographs you put on your page!